Enoteca Regionale Piemontese Cavour


ROERO DOCG


The “Roero” denomination is reserved for red wines made from Nebbiolo grapes (minimum 95%) in 19 communes on the left bank of the River Tanaro - the area known as the Roero - near Alba, in the province of Cuneo. The remaining 5% can be made up of non-aromatic white wine grapes grown in Piedmont. 
More or less bright ruby red, with garnet nuances on ageing, it has a delicate, fruity and fragrant scent with a characteristic, ethereal bouquet when aged. 
A silky, dry, well-balanced wine, with its full body and lingering taste, it is recommended with stewed, boiled and roast meat, typical dishes of Piedmont, and of course it is excellent with truffle-based dishes.

Awarded with the "Controlled and Guaranteed Designation of Origin" status by Presidential Decree on the 20th April 1994.


                                                         Buy the Roero DOCG wines of the Selection